WASHINGTON, Sept. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and USA Medical reminds women to perform regular self-examinations as well as to consult with a doctor if they are experiencing any discomfort from their breast cancer treatment. To help these women afford the medicines prescribed to counteract the side effects, the company developed customized prescription savings programs in all 50 states including: Texas Prescription Assistance Program, Florida Prescription Assistance Program and California Prescription Assistance Program.
USA Medical also provides 3 tips to women, who are undergoing or have undergone breast cancer treatment, to help manage common side effects associated with chemotherapy and radiation. Problems may include:
- Nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite – Try eating smaller, room temperature meals throughout the day. Ginger root or chamomile tea may help settle the stomach.
- Fatigue and weakness – Rest at least 8 hours a day and avoid caffeine later in the day. Eat iron-rich foods, like beans, lean meat, and dark, leafy vegetables.
- Mouth or throat soreness – Avoid rough foods, as well as those that are acidic, salty or spicy. Opt for soft foods such as pureed vegetables, bananas and scrambled eggs.
Co-Founder and President of USA Medical, Jordan Sessler says, "We want to help women going through this difficult situation. If they have been prescribed medication to help with the side effects from breast cancer treatment, my company's Pharmacy Discount Card can help them save up to 75% on their prescriptions. The card also works with prescriptions for vitamins and supplements."
The pre-activated Pharmacy Discount Cards are accepted at more than 60,000 pharmacies across the country — local, regional and national chains such as CVS, Walmart and Walgreens. Thousands of popular medicines are eligible for savings, including medications prescribed for the side effects of breast cancer treatment such as: ondansetron, lorazepam, alprazolam, dronabinol and ferrous sulfate.
Go to prescriptionassistance.info to get a customized Pharmacy Discount Card for all 50 states including:
- Alabama Prescription Assistance Program
- North Carolina Prescription Assistance Program
- Georgia Prescription Assistance Program
- Pennsylvania Prescription Assistance Program
- Tennessee Prescription Assistance Program
- Virginia Prescription Assistance Program
About USA Medical Prescription Assistance Program
USA Medical Prescription Assistance Program is a division of USA Medical, which reaches out to individuals and seniors among the estimated 100+ million people in America with inadequate prescription coverage. The Company's mission is to help individuals save money on prescriptions they need.